5 Essential Soft Skills For Fast Growth in Career of Analytics!
Developing soft skills are as important as developing your technical skills. People mostly tend to forget that it is important to develop your soft skills in order to present your technical skills. So here, I will try to state few essential soft skills and what can be done to improve these skills.
1. Analytical Thinking
Analytical thinking can also be called as logical thinking. It is all about breaking down business problems logically, into small parts and without emotions. People tend to misunderstand it as some technical skills.
A definition is as follows:
“Analytical thinking is the ability to gather and analyze information in order to understand complex situations and solve problems.”
We unknowingly use our analytical skills in our day- to-day life like when you shop something use consider various factors like price, it's use, alternatives etc. To prepare a checklist so that you don't fall for discounts and sales. So, it's an important skill that an analyst should have so that he/she can understand the problem and solve them using data provided to them.
How can you improve your ANALYTICAL THINKING?
- Read case studies of companies. They help you understand what problems and possible solutions to those problems.
- Try to find hidden relationships between objects in front of you.
- Be a good observant.
2. Organization Skills
Organization skills include arranging your time according to your thoughts and your tasks. Performing task in systematic way helps you to complete them on time and effectively accomplishes your goals.
How can you Improve your ORGANIZATION SKILLS?
- Prepare an To-do list and follow the same.
- Note your deadlines on your calendar with regular alarms.
- Set a routine and stick to it.
3. Communication Skills
It is very important to convey your message to the person you want to talk to. Not only just to convey, but communication plays an important role in receiving messages. Communication can be done in many ways like verbally, written, non verbal like hand gestures and actions, expressions etc.
How can you improve your COMMUNICATION?
- Read high quality articles or books. Start with basic ones and then upgrade to complex.
- Speak English with your siblings or your friends. Practice makes man perfect.
- Listen to what people want to say. Listening can help you understand things faster.
- Try to communicate complex investigations to simple plain stories.
4. Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
Problem-solving skills help you determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution to it.
- Identify the problems.
- Define your problems and think of finding effective solutions to them.
- Explore and find as many solutions possible.
- Now it’s time to take actions.
- Never forget to look back and confirm that solutions provided are effective.
How can you improve your PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS?
Practice is the only way one can improve his/her problem solving skills.
5. Team Player
Team Working is such a vital way of completing projects. A team player is someone who actively contributes to their group in order to complete tasks, meet goals or manage projects.Team players understand that their team’s success is their own success.
How can you become a TEAM PLAYER?
- Welcome collaborations
- Be flexible
- Be commited and show respect towards your team
- Be a good listener and not only the speaker.
References : indeed. com, Leancenter, mindmonia